We FINALLY did it.
Online RN to BSN Completion program is happening.
You read that correctly. Sound the alarms and tell the masses! Because we love you all so much, you’re the first to find out this exciting news.
For years, our students and alumni have told us to start an RN to BSN Completion program. We’ve had it on the to-do list for a long time and have spent the last year making it happen. Our faculty and staff are now ready to get the first class started this January!
Here are 7 things you need to know about the BTC RN to BSN Completion program:
- It’s 100% online so you can do it anywhere and on your schedule. Just make sure you have reliable internet and a computer with a webcam.
- It’s three semesters, so it only takes one year to complete. Each semester is broken into two 8-week blocks (6 blocks total) so you can get in and get it done.
- Being a BTC grad, you don’t have to take any prerequisites because you’ve already taken them. You’re welcome. 😉
- We’re keeping that same BTC one-on-one style in this program with small class sizes. Your teachers will be able to respond quickly and get to know you.
- You might even recognize some of our faculty if you’ve graduated recently!
- Currently, you’re required to have a Missouri RN license to apply. If you’re out of state, don’t worry! We’re in the process of getting other states’ approval and we’ll let you know as we add states.
- Financial aid will be available to those that qualify. Another great option for working RNs is to talk to your employer’s HR department about tuition reimbursement [some employers will pay for your part or all of your education if you continue to work for them].
There will be discussion boards in this program, so get your favorite coworker or classmate to join you to make it a little easier! You all are always the best at telling people about BTC (seriously, thank you!) and we trust you’ll help us spread the news about this too. If you’re ready to apply (or just want to learn more about the program) head over to the website here.
Meet Katie, your Alumni Representative
Katie Tarrant joined the staff at BTC in April 2021. Katie has loved working with our students so far and is excited to get to know our graduates! She has over 15 years of experience working in office support, accounting, and computer support/training, with 2 years in higher education. Katie also has teaching experience after homeschooling her two children K-12th grade (parents who had kids doing online school during the pandemic can appreciate that, right?!)
Katie lives in Bolivar and enjoys gardening and spending time reading her bible. She graduated from University of the Cumberlands with a B.S. in business administration and minor in computer science and music education.
Whether you graduated BTC 1 year ago or 15 years ago, Katie is on campus to help you. She stays up-to-date on resources that would benefit you and looks forward to teaching you about those resources. Give her a call 417-777-5062, send her an email email@example.com, or stop by and say hello!